The Cherokee Strip Credit Union (CSCU) is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable members to meet their financial needs and reach their financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with member’s expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with CSCU.
As a member of our credit union, CSCU also has a responsibility to safeguard a member’s personal financial information.
- CSCU will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services–no more.
- CSCU will maintain strong security controls to ensure that members’ personal information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, CSCU will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- Members will always have access to their information. CSCU members will always have the opportunity to review personal information and make necessary changes to ensure that their records are complete and accurate.
- CSCU will only share information when absolutely necessary to administer the products and services provided, when required by government agencies, or when partnering with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- CSCU will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses selected will offer products designed to enhance the members’ economic well-being. Under no circumstances will CSCU authorize partnering firms to charge a member’s account without their written consent, nor will CSCU sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- CSCU will offer members a choice in how their personal information is used. Any CSCU member may elect to keep personal information from being shared with CSCU business partners. Members may exercise a choice by contacting our Member Services Department. CSCU will take all reasonable steps to ensure the members request is followed. At least once each year, CSCU will remind all members of their right to choose between sharing or not sharing personal information with business partners.